Subscribe to our newsletter and receive the latest updates about the latest innovations, special offers and new products.
Polyurethane PU wheels
Polyurethane (PU) wheels are a unique product that offers the elasticity of rubber wheels combined with the toughness and durability of metal wheels. This makes polyurethane the perfect tread for transportation wheels, traction wheels and guiding rollers.
Konijnenburg is the leading supplier of Polyurethane wheels for industrial transportation, With its 65 years of experience in polyurethanes, solutions made to measure and top quality Bayer Vulkollan, Konijnenburg, is the preferred partner of its customers in many industries.
Why Engineers choose for polyurethane wheels:
Polyurethane wheels are chosen by engineers as a replacement for rubber, plastic and metal wheels because:
- Abrasion resistant: wheels made form polyurethane will often outwear other wheels when severe abrasion is a factor. It has been proven to be vastly superior to rubber wheels, plastics wheels and metal wheel in many transportation applications.
- Oil and solvent resistant: Polyurethane wheels have excellent resistance to oils, solvents, fats, greases and gasoline.
- Load bearing capacity: Polyurethane wheels have a higher load-bearing capacity than any conventional rubber. Because of this characteristic, it is an ideal material for load wheels, heavy duty couplings, metal-forming pads, shock pads, expansion joints and machine mounts.
- Tear resistant: Tear-strength ranges between 20-50 kg./linear cm, which is far superior to rubber wheels. As a result, urethane wheels are often used as traction wheels for forklift trucks, drive belts, drive wheels for drums, roll cover traction and in automated sorting systems.
- Weather resistant: Polyurethane wheels have outstanding resistance to oxygen, ozone, sunlight and general weather conditions.
- Excellent noise abatement properties: The hard urethanes are being used in envirionments where engineers desire sound reduction. The soft urethane wheels are used to replace wheels with a hard surface like metal, cast iron or Polyamide for improved sound/vibration dampening.
- Flex-Life: Most polyurethane wheels offer extremely high flex-life and can be expected to outlast other elastomer materials where this feature is an important requirement. Dust boots, bellows, diaphragms, belts, couplings and similar products are made from urethane for this reason.
- Electrical properties: Polyurethane wheels have excellent electrical insulating properties, please visit our antistatic and electical conductive wheels page for more information about wheels with electrical insulating properties.
- Heat and cold resistant: Polyurethane wheels can be used to 100°C. At low temperatures, polyurethane wheels can be used to -20°F.
- Urethanes wheels have better abrasion and tear resistance than rubber wheels, while offering higher load bearing capacity.
- Compared to plastic wheels, urethane wheels offer superior impact resistance, while offering excellent wear properties and elastic memory.
- Urethane is available in a broad Shore hardness range, depending of surface, load capacity and preferd rolling conditions the Shore hardness be chosen to fit the application
- Urethane wheels have replaced metal wheels and cast iron wheels, with benefits such as weight reduction, noise abatement and wear improvements being realized.
Chosing for Polyurethane wheels can reduce maintenance and OEM product cost. It provides a cut down in maintenance time and failure costs while you gain the advantages of optimal rolling resistance
Items 1-20 of 78
- wheel, Ø 125mm, injected polyurethane, 180KG125mm180kg8mm
- wheel, Ø 200mm, injected polyurethane, 500KG200mm500kg20mm
- wheel, Ø 160mm, injected polyurethane, 400KG160mm400kg20mm
- wheel, Ø 125mm, injected polyurethane, 200KG125mm200kg15mm
- wheel, Ø 100mm, injected polyurethane, 150KG100mm150kg12mm
- wheel, Ø 125mm, injected polyurethane, 250KG125mm250kg15mm
- wheel, Ø 100mm, injected polyurethane, 250KG100mm250kg15mm
- wheel, Ø 400mm, vulcanized polyurethane tread, 4000KG400mm4000kg50mm
- wheel, Ø 400mm, vulcanized polyurethane tread, 4000KG400mm4000kg40mm
- wheel, Ø 300mm, vulcanized polyurethane tread, 5000KG300mm5000kg50mm
- wheel, Ø 300mm, vulcanized polyurethane tread, 5000KG300mm5000kg40mm
- wheel, Ø 300mm, vulcanized polyurethane tread, 3000KG300mm3000kg50mm
- wheel, Ø 300mm, vulcanized polyurethane tread, 3000KG300mm3000kg35mm
- wheel, Ø 300mm, vulcanized polyurethane tread, 3000KG300mm3000kg30mm
- wheel, Ø 250mm, vulcanized polyurethane tread, 4000KG250mm4000kg50mm
- wheel, Ø 125mm, injected polyurethane, 500KG125mm500kg20mm